consequences of procrastinating

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9:45 PM | 2 Comments

IT'S ALMOST 3 P.M. HERE AND I'M STILL STUCK IN THE LIBRARY DOING WORK AND DEPRIVED OF LUNCH.

why is it so easy to spend hours on fb and twitter and so tormenting to just spend 10 minutes writing a paragraph on my assignment? :'(

oh god, please let me re-wire my brain in times of need.


I am conducting a classic extrinsic motivation scheme on myself now where I will only receive a reward (lunch) after I have achieved my goal (finish covering atleast 2 disorders required in the paper).

FOOD IS WHAT MOTIVATES ME TO DO WORK NOOOWWW.

I truly wonder if anyone is born hardworking or does everyone go through the same struggle as me? I find myself doing this more and more often these days where I would deprive myself of a meal until I manage to reach a certain point in my assignment. In return, I do produce work at the end of the day (most of the time) and I've also managed to mess up my meals.

Oh boy.

Sometimes I don't even take breakfast, end up having lunch at 4 p.m. and eating dinner at 9. Dinner becomes optional in the end because I'm not even hungry but I still maintain my food intake to not lose whatever precious fats I have left in me.


OK lah, I am obviously writing here to avoid work again. Back to boring assignments *drops head on table*

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Please take care of urself! Have breakfast at least! =)

And most of us are like u - struggle to get things done

soo imm said...

I find that I skip meals so much more often now that i'm not staying with my family :(
you take care too dear, will you be going back for xmas??

About

animals. dancing. food. friends. shopping. travelling. all the things she likes. and everything about her.