night fall

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

7:53 PM | 0 Comments

it's midnight. the streets are dead.

not a sound in the air.

where are all the roaring engines and constant barkings?
everything is so still it scares me.

the fan and lights are off, it's so quiet that i can hear my grandma's steady breathing right next to me.

i turned and looked at the ceiling, focusing on the long dim lines casted by the street lamps.


nights like this makes me afraid to sleep alone.

i am tired but i can't drift off to sleep. my mind is blank and empty, yet it won't go to rest.
i feel so non-existant that it's as if i've blended into the silence of the night.


i am locked in a cage, there's nothing to distract me...there's no one to turn to.

long hours would pass before i could finally sleep.
but the thin ray of light that comes through my window would cause my eye lids to flutter and i would sigh at the sight of a new dawn.


it's another day.


and fear washes over me...as i know that night would come again.

0 comments:

About

animals. dancing. food. friends. shopping. travelling. all the things she likes. and everything about her.